Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Drabble 1


Note: I wrote this a long time ago actually, I was just reading through my docs and found this, I thought it was actually sort of good, so I wanted to share it. So I changed my old blog to this blog to do so, I figure I will write other pointless stories like this that I might want to share, so here you go.
~
People say we control our own fate, but I’m sure I don’t control mine. If I did would I be sitting here right now, waiting for the principle to call me in? I don’t think so. What did I do? I have no idea. I sit there quietly, thinking of the worst case scenarios when she walks in. She walks up to the desk and asks the Secretary something I cannot hear, she looks annoyed with the answer. She turns around with an exasperated sigh and sits down next to me. I watch as she digs through her purse and pulls out some lip gloss and puts it on, why she cares about looking good right now, I have no idea. She turns her head slightly and looks shocked as she realises I was here. I quickly look away, hoping she did not notice me watching her.
“Dana?” She asks, like she doesn’t know who I am.
“Yeah?” I ask.
“Oh, I’m just shocked to see you here. You’re such a good person, what could you do that could get you in the principle office?”
I laugh, because she looks genuinely shocked, “I don’t know.”
“Oh. Well. Same here.” She said, tossing her blond hair over her shoulder.
I remember when she told me she hated people doing that, as if it made them look better. I look down at my hands, hoping she wouldn’t talk to me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment